Looking up at the Mahnmal


I've featured an autumnal view of the Holocaust Mahnmal back in November, but this is the kind of place you can go back to a thousand times and always get a different picture. It was cold and gray on my last visit, but that was somehow fitting. Although the design is simple, I find it quite moving. I'm sure this won't be the last time you see it on my blog. 

The weekend is finally here, hope I haven't started it on too much of a depressing note. We haven't been househunting for awhile, maybe it's time to take a look at a few more places. Do you have any big plans?  For more skies, visit Skywatch.

13 comments:

  1. I love this perspective of your photo! No, you haven't depressed me at all. In fact, I absolutely love your photos and look forward to seeing many more! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cold and gray is very fitting for this particular subject. It looks quite imposing, as it must.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cold, brooding photo like this is beautiful. I think we can take serious every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the architectural design and the gray sky is the perfect backdrop for this image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderfully moody!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dark and gloomy just like what it represents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very sombre place, beautifully captured. Hope your house hunting goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is moving indeed. Great shot. It have impact.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hard to imagine a more fitting design for a Holocaust memorial. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Berlin is almost always cold and grey and really is the perfect backdrop for this-- a reminder of things that never ought to happen again.

    The photo looks so straightforward and meticulously composed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Somber, not depressing, I think.
    At least you are getting lots of time to explore the city.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...